Wednesday, October 20, 2010

america's got NO talent

is it possible to have no talent? because i don't. while i would love to be good at something, the fact that i am talentless does not phase me too much. my not caring that i am essentially a failure is probably what worries me more...

but seriously, what am i good at?

first possibility: sports.
i am the most unathletic person in the history of the planet. i have no hand-eye coordination, no strength, no speed, no drive. i can't jump high, or be flexible. i can't balance and i can't be aggressive.
i took ballet so i could wear the tutu
on the soccer field i picked daisies and put them in my hair
i took jazz to be with my friends
in basketball i hid behind the person guarding me
in softball i just didnt swing and prayed for balls
field hockey was probably my best sport... but unfortunately that didnt last long.

in middle school we had to run the mile every week. my time in the beginning of 7th grade was approximately an 11 minute mile. my time by the end of 8th grade was 15 minute. thats not right. thats not normal. the idea is improvement. luckily, after having a break over the summer, i was able to get it back to UNDER 10 in 9th grade.

okay, so sports are not my thing. i think im allergic to athletic activity, actually. my ears pound, my body goes numb, my head hurts, and i cramp up. sports should be shunned.


alright, so maybe i should try music. i love listening to the radio, and drumming out the beats to my favorite song. i am tone deaf though, i should probably add.
4th grade i started the violin. i played until 7th grade, and faked my practice sheets every week.
7th grade my mom took me to a private lesson, and the mean man yelled at me and told my mother i didn't know how to read notes. after 4 years.
then i tried piano. i just memorized the songs an what keys to press when. apparently that doesnt count as playing though.
in 6th grade i was the only one in my class whose name wasnt on the 6th grade chorus list. Mrs. Quarrels    just told me it was an accident... right.
last week i was rocking out to the radio with my best friend, and she told me to just stop.
i know my voice is bad, but... i mean... not THAT bad.... right? wrong. my family and friends only laugh.

no american idol for me. i am destined for really drunk karaoke. if that.


okay im not going to go through every possible talent out there. but i think you get the point. im not artistic or inventive. Im not creative or especially intelligent. im not good at languages, and i am not very funny. and obviously, i have not musical or athletic capabilities. it would be nice to be good at something. but im not too angry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment